Traditionally, placenta capsules are used to:
- balance your hormones
- enhance your milk
- increase your energy
Other significant benefits may include the following:
- Significantly reduces post-birth bleeding
- Helps the uterus contract
- Encourages a quick and healthy milk supply
- Replenishes essential hormones, such as prolactin, oxytocin (the "love hormone" which helps bonding between mother and baby), thyroid stimulating hormone, cortisone, interferon (stimulates the immune system), hemoglobin (replenishes iron) and others that support the immune system, reduce inflammation and assist with healing and blood loss.
- Replenishes essential nutrients such as Vitamin B6 and iron
- Reduces stress levels
- Prevents or eases the "baby blues"
- Leaves new mothers feeling calmer
- Gives mothers with newborns the energy to cope with a busy day
We have been providing encapsulation services to women in the Charlottesville area for a few years and have received such positive feedback, from first time moms as well as second, third, and even a mom of six!
Here is a testimonial from one of our clients:
"I first heard about placenta encapsulation through my doula, Jen. We were discussing my severe mood levels after the birth of my first child and how I was scared of going through that again. I never experienced true post-partum depression, but the intense change in hormones definitely did something to me that was unwelcome and unexpected. She immediately suggested that I eat my placenta. I literally almost gagged and looked at her like she was insane. She explained to me the process of encapsulation and it seemed like a no brainer to me. Those first days/weeks after a new baby can be so challenging, so what is the harm in trying something that can be so beneficial?
That’s when I began my own personal study on the topic. I found that it is such a common practice in other countries and the philosophy behind it makes so much sense. If you put back into your body this super rich nutrient dense supplement your body can then rebuild itself in magical ways! Having not taken my placenta with my first and having done so with my daughter, I can tell you there was a significant change. I was brighter and cheerier, I never experienced that intense shift in my mood that made me feel “crazy”. I was handling a 3 day old and a 2.5 year old with a smile on my face. Sure, it was challenging but the feeling of bliss just seemed to resonate over the constant diaper changes, feedings, and toddler attention. I really enjoyed this time in such a different way than with my first. And bonus - my milk supply was GREAT! I ended up with some issues down the road that affected my breastfeeding but the placenta helped ease that emotional transition as well."
You can find more information on the placenta encapsulation at month10.com. Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions! We'd love to hear from you and enable you to access all the benefits from your placenta.